Aveda Has Remedies For Thirsty Locks
Do you have Winter Hair? Is it crunchy? If so, Namaste hair salons in Denver along with Aveda can help.
WebMD says, “Take a dry strand and gently pull both ends to stretch it. If it breaks easily, you don’t have enough moisture in your hair.” The article suggests that a better moisturizer might be the solution.
Although a lot of products say they’re moisturizing on the label, in reality they might simply coat your hair to make it feel softer. WebMD recommends looking “for products with natural oils” and to “stay away from shampoos with mineral oil and petrolatum, which keep outside moisture from getting in.”
Aveda offers not only a great moisturizer, Dry Remedy™ Moisturizing Conditioner, but also a Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo. These products feature buriti oil, which helps hydrate hair.
Some other tips?
1. Let go of some length. “Trim dead ends every six to eight weeks. especially if you use hot tools regularly. Stylists warn against snipping strands at home because dull scissors can fray your ends even more. Plus, cutting the back of your hair in a straight line isn’t easy!”
2. Beware of heat and use styling products. Although heat is the best way to get a sleek, styled look be sure to use a styling product to help protect your hair. If you have fine hair, set your styling tools to low. Medium and coarse hair can handle slightly higher temperatures.
3. Watch out for the weather. Wear a hat when the weather conditions are bad.
4. Don’t fry it with chemicals. Do you get perms, relaxers or permanent color? “Chemicals take away hair’s natural moisture and weaken the strands. If you have too many chemical treatments, your hair might turn dull and frizzy. Try to keep your salon hair color within three shades of your natural hair color. Hair color closer to your natural shade needs less processing. And try to space out your treatments.”
- In addition to Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner, use the Dry Remedy Treatment Masque once a week for more intense results.
And if you want to add shine daily, while controlling fly away ends use Aveda’s Dry Remedy™ Daily Moisturizing Oil. All are safe for color-treated hair!
These products will leave your hair soft, supple and shinny. 93% of women agreed their hair felt immediately moisturized and soft after using the dry remedy™ system* and enjoyed the natural aroma with organic bergamot, lavender and ginger lily.
*The system includes Dry Remedy™ Moisturizing Shampoo, Conditioner, Masque and Daily Moisturizing Oil.
Call or stop by one of our Denver Aveda hair salons today to schedule a haircut or to purchase Aveda products!
Namaste An Aveda Concept Salon, 1019 E 9th Ave Denver, CO 80218,(303) 837-1300
Namaste on Broadway, 131 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203,(303) 777-5914
Namaste Pure Design Studio, 129 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203, (303) 282-3952